Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Boo Boo Goo

I love using natural products, especially when I can replace a store-bought, petroleum-based product with a natural product, and even more so when I can make that product myself.  I few years ago some friends gave us some homemade natural healing salve.  We came to call it "Boo Boo Goo."  I've been meaning to make my own forever, but just never got around to ordering beeswax and all that.  Well, I finally did it.  I found this recipe, which sounded perfect:  www.mrshappyhomemaker.com/2012/11/healing-boo-boo-salve-a-k-a-homemade-natural-neosporin/

Should you attempt this, beware the honey does NOT want to mix in!  I stirred mine as it cooled to mix the honey up, which got kind of messy and ruins the perfectly poured look, but it worked.  Next time I will just add the honey after the salve begun to solidify.   Anyway, it came out wonderfully.  I've even used it a few nights as a healing lotion on my hands and they are amazingly soft in the morning, with any cuts, scrapes or cracks in the dry skin feeling all better.

This time around I ordered the comfrey and calendula from the shop on Etsy recommended in the blog link above.  This summer I will hopefully, finally have my own comfrey patch, and I often grow calendula.  I will definitely make a bunch of this salve.

No comments:

Post a Comment